MiMedx Group, Inc.
MiMedx is a biopharmaceutical company developing, manufacturing and marketing biologics utilizing human placental-based allografts for multiple sectors of healthcare. “Treating more patients with better outcomes” is the framework behind our mission to elevate the standard of care in the communities we serve.
We process human placental-based allografts using Purion®, a unique patented method that is in accordance with the American Association of Tissue Banks (AATB) standards. MiMedx placental-based allografts come from donated C-sections of live births in the US. The product undergoes active preservation of the extracellular matrix (ECM), regulatory proteins, and removal of blood contaminants via a proprietary cleansing process. For an additional level of safety, the product is terminally sterilized.
MiMedx placental-based allografts are SMR2T™ Technology (Selective Membrane of Reparative and Reconstructive Tissue) which provides a semi-permeable protective barrier to support the healing cascade. The allografts protect the wound bed to aid in the development of granulation tissue and provides a human biocompatible extracellular matrix that retains 250+ regulatory proteins.1-3
Since our founding, research and development has been the cornerstone of our organization. As a result, we have grown to be the leader in placental-based products with over 40 scientific and clinical publications, multiple published Randomized Controlled Trials (RCTs), and ongoing clinical studies. MiMedx has over 45 placental tissue issued and allowed patents on our products and technologies, with additional applications pending.
MiMedx has supplied over 2 million placental-based allografts to date for application in the Wound Care, Burn, Surgical, Orthopedic, Spine, Sports Medicine, Ophthalmic and Dental sectors of healthcare.
MiMedx is dedicated to ensuring the highest standard of integrity and care throughout the entire placenta donation process.
We are committed to the following:
- seamless communication between your physician, you and your family, and the MiMedx staff
- ensuring the donated tissue is recovered and processed using state-of-the-art technology, and producing safe and clinically relevant products for the patient who receive them
- pioneering the latest advances in amnion-based products
- educating clinicians and patients about the benefits of the placental-based treatments
We look forward to meeting the medical challenges of today and to playing a key role in the medical successes of tomorrow. Contact us to receive additional information about MiMedx at:
MiMedx Tissue Services, LLC, a MiMedx Group, Inc. Company
1775 West Oak Commons Court NE
Marietta, GA 30062
1. Koob, et al. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2014 Aug;102(6):1353-62. 2. Lei, et al. Adv Wound Care. 2017 Feb 1;6(2):43-53. 3. MM-RD-00086, Proteome Characterization of PURION Processed Dehydrated Human Amnion Chorion Membrane (dHACM) and PURION PLUS Processed Dehydrated Human Umbilical Cord (dHUC) Allografts.